Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 51

Well here is a quick update! There are a few pictures at the home with a couple babies :) And then from the past 2 outings I've already mentioned. I finally got them off Katie's camera, mine had died both times.

These are 2 of our big babies that just turned 6 months. When they turn 6 months they get baby food, so this was their first time eating baby food! It was so funny watching them figure out what the spoon was doing in their mouths and what to do with the food and decide whether they liked it or not. It's been just over a week and they are very good eaters now!

Baby play time! It was beautiful outside!

I thought this was so precious! They are just so small and cute!

More baby feeding. The little girl had just learned to spit so that made baby food very interesting and messy! lol

This was our outing to the beach. Katie made a lovely turtle!

Gwo Whay wrote this in chinese for us. I thought it was such a cool picture! That says love in Chinese.

Jess and I getting all-natural facials ;) It worked, our skin was actually much softer after!!

haha before the picture...

Katie, Gwo Whay, Jess and I all at the beach :)

Jess and I just getting into the ocean :)

Katie, Jess and I in our new lovely sunglasses :)

The beautiful shoreline

Katie and Jess in one of the stores while were shopping in town a few weeks ago, it was so much fun!

In the taxi we took home :) We started singing songs to the taxi driver in english...he had no idea what we were saying and we laughed the whole time but he just kept looking at us in the rearview. So we made sure to tip him well for being so annoying, but i think secretly he thought it was funny ;)

All of us walking along the street. It's hard not to get run over by mo-peds, they are everywhere!

We almost got them ;)


Well things have pretty much been relatively the same from day to day. Our oldest boy left Monday morning after his family had come in a week ago. Again, such a sweet family! We loved getting to know them and it's sad to see him go, we still check his crib and make too much baby food but know he is having a wonderful time with his family and that's what we want! We got a new baby today, she is 11 days old and so precious! So we went from 22 to 21 back to 22 in the past 2 days. It seems like the number keeps shrinking so much! Tomorrow a family comes to get a little boy who is 3 and lives on the other side. Then a mother comes to visit her baby this saturday I believe. She isn't taking him home but she has to be here for a meeting so she's coming to see him! And she's a pediatrician so she's gonna look at the babies :) Then another little boy, I think our next oldest is leaving sometime between now and the end of next week, I'm kind of confused on the timing but it's soon! And my room mate Katie who's brother is adopting from here heard wonderful news that that her little niece can go home now!! They had the court date today and everything went smoothly. The court date is a very important part of the process, it is when a lot of things can basically end the adoption so the court date is a big deal. And 3 more of our little ones got their court dates which means they are almost done! It will still take at least another month probably but it's exciting because they are almost finished!

The babies are doing well. Sickness is starting to go away for the most part, which is wonderful! They had a wonderful playtime today. All of them stayed quiet through 4 whole books! I can not tell you how amazing that is! I got a sample to show you, this is what it typically sounds like during the end of playtime when they are hungry again...


I just want to take a minute to thank all of you for your prayers! I really appreciate them more than you know! The first couple weeks here were really tough and some of the new situations have been very trying. However I noticed the other day that I am enjoying everything so much more, I have more energy and just overall feel like I have been able to adjust really well to everything... I even look forward to the food each day! And I know without a doubt I couldn't be doing this without God's help and I've noticed him helping me daily through everything but also part of that came from remembering you guys are praying for me, knowing that always lifts my spirits :) So thank you thank you thank you!! It's the end of my 51st day and I couldn't believe it when I realized it, only a little bit longer here, so bittersweet! When I first got here I tried not to count the days because it felt like it went so slow and that it'd be forever but now I can count them because it gets me excited about going home but even more makes me more conscious of being sure I really enjoy and take advantage of my time here. ...I'm not there yet though so enough of that for now :) Well I will try to post more again soon, love you all!!

1 comment:

  1. We (Grandpa Garrett and I) laughed at the baby fussy time. Grandpa wanted to know if they were crying in Chinese! We toured the Petroleum Museum and the Air Command Museum this a.m and then went to the Last Song movie because Grandpa's back was sore and my feet were hurting. Old people. We're the transportation for Garrett to his game tonight. I'm glad we're here to do that. How fun. Since surgery my face feels so different. I think I need one of your "mudd" facials. I've been considering one anyway. We're so glad you are enjoying each of your days. I love the look on a baby's face when you introduce the spoon and food. You'll have to duck for the spitter. Thanks for the updates. We love you. Loved seeing your space. We thought you handled "talking" without seeing very well. I put Skype on the laptop today. Your Dad said he'd help me work it. We'll see if we have time. Grandpa and I leave for Iowa Wednesday a.m. It's been raining there since we left so we've enjoyed the TX sun although we were really cold at the ballgame last night. Thinking tonight will be much warmer. Love you and continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete