Sunday, April 18, 2010

VIDEOS

These are some videos from random parts of the trip so far. I wanted to show you guys some video cause I think it gives you a much better, more realistic picture of what everything looks like and what it kind of feels like to be here :) Enjoy!



This is a lot like what the area of Lo-tung looks like. Whenever we go for walks we walk by the rice fields and houses that look like these. In fact one day I saw this older man out in his boots and pointy straw hat out working his field, it was so neat!

This reminds me of a cool story. A few days ago I went to take a nap. Through my window I can see into the neighbors backyard. They have what I would call a large garden or small field of plants and food that they are growing. The house they live in isn't a super nice house and the shed honestly looks like it's falling apart. But the dad and his little son, who looks about 10 to 12 years old, are both out there working away together. We always keep our windows open so I could hear them and even though I can't understand them from watching them and listening to their voices they sounded so happy and were working so hard. It just made me think that even though they don't have a whole lot they work hard and seem to me to be very happy and content. So it made me think twice about all I have and was just a reminder to be so thankful for the may ways God has blessed me. I thought that was a pretty cool thing... and a nice thing to fall asleep thinking about :)

I haven't gotten to tell you this yet, but at the beginning of last week we got to go out for the afternoon and we went to the BEACH!!!!! We had so much fun! Again one of those moments like the one in the rain that makes us really appreciate where we are and what we are getting to do. I never would have thought I'd be on the other side of the Pacific!


Finally, I thought this was really cool. When we went up to Wulai, before the orphanage, we went to a tea house. And it was so much fun, it definitely made me feel like we were in a totally different culture. So we ordered our tea and he brought it out in a pouch and it was just tea leaves. There was all this stuff on the table that we had no idea what to do with and we realized they expected us to make it ourselves. So we tried and when we got started he came back and asked if we knew how to do it. We showed him what we'd been doing and he laughed then made it for us so I video taped him. I've never seen anything so complicated! But at the same time it was pretty in an old world type feel.


2 comments: