Friday, April 16, 2010

Spitting :p

Hello All!

I don't have a whole bunch of time, it's getting late here and the weekends are crazy so I've gotta get some sleep. It's been so long since I've update though, so I'm dying to write!

Well I was sick yesterday, there is just something that won't stop going around! But I slept the whole day and night and felt much better today, thank you Lord! And I was kind of upset when I got sick so it was a tough day but then I got a package from my sister and "my little girls" Sheeka and Gi and I got a package from my friends Bekah and Katie and their sweet mom and it totally made my day! God worked out that timing just perfectly!

Well as far as the kiddos go, the weather went from hot at the beginning of the week to cold and rainy the past couple days so a cough and fever are starting to spread :/ We're praying it quits and doesn't keep spreading! But despite that they are doing good! No one is in the hospital, so that's wonderful! We had a new baby come a couple days ago that we had been waiting on for a month! He was tiny and a drug baby but he is doing so well now! So I think we're at 22 for the moment. We have a new family coming in on Sunday to get a little boy and are really excited about that! One of our families that came about 2 weeks ago is still here and we are really enjoying getting to know them and spend time with them. They are also very good help with the babies so that's nice for us ;) We have lots of good help right now which is always so great for the babies because they get held and played with more. We had 2 groups come in this week. We did a lot of sitting up and tummy time and we also worked on their grip by hold and shaking toys :) It's so neat to see ones that couldn't do that when I got here learn to do that. I just started noticing the past couple days how much they grow in 1 months time!! We have some babies who used to be in car seats move up to big baby beds and it's like aww they are growing up!! Some of the little ones have started moving in to play time with the big babies. We are starting to noticing personalities with some of the younger ones too. Usually they just eat and cry and sleep but now they will coo and a few have started laughing! Even the older babies are growing more!(well obviously I guess they don't stop lol but we notice more) Like one is starting to crawl, another has learned to spit. The spitting is cute when she's happy, not so much when she's upset or trying to eat! hah

Anyways there is a little update and hopefully I won't wait so long till the next one! Love and miss you all very much!! ...I was thinking a lot about coming home this week, which I shouldn't do, I'm stopping now, but I was so excited for it! ...I even had the outfit planned that I was going to wear home, pathetic huh? Well I really am enjoying it here, I'm glad I'm staying longer and at the same time can't wait to see you all again! I guess that was what I was trying to say :) lol Well till next time!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is amazing that the babies grow so fast. And they have so much to learn. I think it's neat that you are noticing so much with so many babies. The first year is really an amazing time. I wish I had kept baby books for your Dad and siblings. We are sorry to hear that illness is creeping back in for all. Thankfully you are able to be back up so soon. I visited the surgeon yesterday for a cortisone shot in my non surgical knee. It has been giving me quite a bit of pain. I hope it works as I need to be walking for the surgical knee. I'm feeling quite good about the knees ability to bend to stretch out flat. I've been faily lazy this week. Grandpa still working in his basement. He has some wallboard whose seams were never finished, so he applied the tape and the plaster and then sanded. Today he's trying to get all the dust up off the floor and walls and everywhere. He'll want to paint the walls.
    It's a good project, but the Iowa spring outside work is causing some delays in getting him back to the basement. I'm worthless for
    helping with either projects! Ha. (I'm not sad about it!. I so glad you received mail just at the right time. I'm working on another box for you and the Home...however slowly. (remember the lazy week?) Pollen count is high and we walked in the wind yesterday. I'm a little stuffy and headachy today. Went to a Pampered Chef party at the Taylor and Mari Hubbard home on Thursday night. We all helped make a triffle..cake or ladyfingers layered with strawberries and pudding. My job was to FOLD in the whipped topping with the pudding mix. Mari thought that I should volunteer for that as the young women attending didn't all know how to fold. Met the sister of friends from Grinnell who now live in Clive and we see on occasion with other Grinnell friends. All in all a good evening. Takes 30 minutes exactly do drive from here to Ankeny to their home. Saw Taylor just enough to mouth a "hi". Mari and the two kids are going to visit their former Mission in Hong Kong in June. Sarah wants to visit the friends she left there. It's perfect weather this week through next Wed. A little rain now and then, but it's normal. Farmers are planting. We love you and pray for you. Keep happy.

    ReplyDelete