Sunday, April 4, 2010

MONKEYS!

So our internet isn't working on laptops at the moment, but hopefully they will be working again soon, until then here is a quick update from the main comp(which we are all sharing now :p lol)

It's been a busy past couple of days with it being a holiday weekend. They had a bunch of college kids come home to the orphanage for the weekend. They had some other visitors and we have adoptive parents coming tomorrow!!! So lot's of prep with eggs and activites for sunday. And some cleaning to do at the apartments for the familes coming to stay. I'm so excited about the families coming, they get to stay for a couple days and then our 2 sweet boys finally get to go to a home with their new mommies and daddies :) It's just precious seeing them bond, so looking forward to that! And it's nice nice to have other Americans to talk to :) Sometimes I miss that. lol It's weird to go for so long knowing that so many people are talknig around you and you have no idea what they are saying. Kind of intimidating at first but i've gotten pretty used to it I guess:) lol

Today was bath day again! And we officially gave all 25 babies a bath. They are all home from the hospital! Thank you Jesus! And thanks for the prayers :)
We now have 4 more babies allocated, which just means they have been assigned parents now. But that is so exciting because they start getting new english names and getting ready to leave! It's been weird having to remember to call them theri new name, but it's cute at the same time. We now have a Jackson, Kaili, Gavin and Eugene. Which makes 2 jacksons and 2 kaili's now, so it's a little confusing at the moment!

Despite the busyness though, we get the occasionaly break to go for a walk and stuff like that, SOOOOOOO... the other day I was out with Carolyn, an older lady who has stayed for about 2 weeks, and we were walking around the lake that is right by the Home, she noticed these 2 guys taking pictures with these big camera's and was like i wonder what they are taking pictures of, so we went to look, THERE WERE 3 MONKEYS IN THE TREES! We were so excited and took a bunch of pictures, so as soon as my laptop internet works I'll post them! It was so crazy casue I had just been telling her how I wanted to see some so I could take a picture and show it to my KM kids but i didn't think it would actually happen and literally minutes later we saw them! So that was way exciting!
The other day Katie and Jess, the other girls who help out here, and I (were prolly way over tired) but were feeeding babies and made a baby band out of burp rags and diaper bags and sang a song using them. It was pretty comical at the moment, we have started finding random things like that to entertain oursleves during the day :)
Well nap time is almost up and babies are begining to cry, so that's all for now! LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm guessing there will never be a dull moment there! :) YOur baby band makes me think you might need more sleep. :} Excited to hear how it goes with the new parents. Will be praying for that time. Good to hear your voice yesterday! Praying for all there! Love you bunches! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting! You make me so excited to come! I'm a teacher and I'm sure my students will love to see pictures of monkeys, so hopefully I'll see some when I'm there too! I am praying for everyone there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monkeys, huh. Sounds like excitement for a gal from West TX! We saw G. Grandma Dinkel today. She's been doing well and looked good today. We tried to get there right after lunch and before nap, but didn't quite make it. Had to wake her. She knew we were coming or I wouldn't have done that. Had a busy day with G. Grandma M on Friday. She likes her "new" car. We're getting ready to watch the NCAA Tournament tonight. We were surprised to learn that you have two Jacksons. We haven't heard of Jackson, but I like the name. Your creativity is jaw dropping! Ha. Glad you find things that are fun for both adults and the babies. Praying for more fun and excitement for the rest of your week. I'm so glad you are enjoying each step of the process of seeing the babies make their final steps to a loving home. Isn't English grand. We love you. Gma and pa.

    ReplyDelete