Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Letter Calendar

So, the days here go together and I start to forget what happened which day and what I've told everyone and what I still need to tell you about. So my sweet friend put together a package of letters and each one has the date, day of the week, and how many days I've been gone. So I started writing down the events of the day on the envelope. So now when I start to blog I pull out the all the envelopes since the last day I blogged to remind me what to tell you guys :) The letter's have been a life saver to me! lol Otherwise I'd never know what day it was! Thanks Meg :))

So today is Thursday April 8th. I have been gone officially 31 days, or one month. This is my 32nd day.

Isn't that crazy? It feels like it's flown by but at the same time feels like forever! I started thinking about things that I missed the other day and things that I haven't noticed have become normal. Here is the list...
1. Chopsticks- I pretty much eat every meal with chopsticks, I haven't noticed that I never really use silver wear anymore. (Except for soup or yogurt, they do use spoons) When I first came I was so irritated because I couldn't eat with chopsticks well and so it took way to much effort to eat 1 meal. haha Now I don't even notice, so i think i'm pretty good :) A couple people still laugh occasionally if there is something I just can't pick up but very rarely now which makes me proud ;)
2. TV- There is no tv on the american side. So we don't watch any tv. I really hardly notice anymore, probably because we have so much going on all the time. I do wish occasionally that I could watch Idol, but instead I read the internet updates on FOX. And I miss What Not To Wear, but I don't dress up or shop much here so it's probably better that way ;)
3. Car- I do miss my car! The other day I told the girls while I was homesick that I missed my car... an dI actually started crying! How awful is that! It was embarrassing but it's kind of funny now. Anyways.. It's been over a month since I've driven. Taxi's have become my friend, I love trying to get one! lol And hopefully soon a motorcycle will be too! (Although we don't go very many places) Most people here ride little motorcycle/scooter things. On our next "time off" we(Jess, Katie and I) decided we want to learn to ride one, but we'll see.
4. Fruit and Rice- We eat fresh fruit and rice at pretty mush every meal! The fruit is delicious! I'm going to be so spoiled when I get back to Midland when it's not so tasty. lol The rice is good as well, but I must say it does get old every once in a while.
5. Soda- We don't drink soda's except when we go into town, miss those but it's not too bad actually! ...Because we do get coffee :)
6. Windows- There is no heating or air conditioning so the windows are always open. I love that! We wake up in the morning with our windows open and can hear lots of birds chirping and all sorts of noises from outside. Quite frequently rain as well, that is one of my favorite things about living here.
7. Shey Shey- This is "thank you" in Chinese and one of the few words I know so I use it all the time. When I come back I will probably at some point tell each of you, shey shey.

Well that's all I can think of at the moment. I feel like I'm forgetting something but if I think of it I'll let you know! Nap time for the babies is almost up, so I'm going to go. Tonight I will try to finish telling you about what has been going on the past couple days, I have my list :) Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment