Monday, March 29, 2010

Well as you can see by my lack of updates, things have gotten BUSY! I was told the weekend would get crazy and I thought i was prepared, but yesterday, whoo, a few minutes after I woke up I couldn't wait for the day to end! That sounds terrible for me to say but it was just such a hard day, i was running on little sleep, and was a little homesick. But i've decided after today that you just always have days like that no matter where you are. This morning i wanted so badly to just go home, but then i thought realistically I have days when I am home that I wish I was gone somewhere else. So I decided those days you just have to get through by finding something positive to focus on, pray for strength and when it's over just forget about it. Because then today was one of those days when I was like this is so much fun, I love it, I had gotten plenty of sleep cause I went right to bed after the long day yesterday, and just tried to ignore the bad day. It was funny this morning the song "Bad Day" by... what was it...Howie Day... maybe? From a couple years ago, popped into my head and I just kind of laughed and sang it for a little bit. So anyways there is a little bit of honesty for you. I didn't think sitting around feeding babies would take that much energy but something does, there is just so much more that goes into it, but I finally do have proof that it is so worth it!!! Because....

Today one of our bigger boys left with his sweet sweet adoptive family from California!! They came in yesterday and i think it is one of the top most exciting moments of my life, i don't want to think about them all at the moment but it sure ranks up there! The mom bawled as she walked in the door and picked up her baby in her arms, while the dad video taped and the fam followed behind. They just hugged him and laughed and cried and ahh it was just so sweet, i just stood there feeding a baby and watching the whole scene play out as they walked in and met everyone who has been taking care of their sweet boy, they were so excited! They jumped right in (they had come in the middle of the craziest feeding time) and asked us to show them everything about how he was cared for, how he was feed, how he was bathed, how he was changed, where he napped, what to do when he cries. It was so cute to see them so eager and happy!! And so neat to see Lucas start smiling and laughing when they talked to him. And today when they came back, we got to talk to them about him, about themselves, about their life. It was so wonderful to find out what a good home he was going to and what kind of life he would be living! It was neat to see things unfold and see what a blessing baby Lucas was to his parents AND what a blessing they are to him. I hadn't gotten to spend a whole lot of time with him so I think it was less sad for me this time and more exciting, cause it was pretty sad also for some of the other girls, so we'll see how it goes later on, but for this time, it was just the neatest, most exciting experience!!

Umm... i've decided I need to make sure I'm getting more sleep which means limiting computer time. So when my responses and updates become slower and fewer know that it why, but i love love love talking with you all and i will get to it!

I don't have a whole lot more energy left tonight but I'm trying to think of other things to update you on over the past few days. I kept a list but I'm too tired and lazy to find it right now. Umm... the babies have all been doing pretty good, the little ones had some cold stuff, and it's still slowly going around so we really want it to just go away! But it isn't too bad right now. We do still have 1 of the little ones in the hospital but one came back. We've been reading books and singing songs to this kids worship CD and the babies seem to really like that. It's adorable some of the big kids from the other side come over to peek through the door during playtime. I will admit, we are pretty goofy with the babies during playtime, very expressive and loud and silly, so we look a little ridiculous and they love to come watch us and just laugh hysterically at us and mimic us and make fun. But they keep coming back and one little one even joined and helped us so i think they like it. At one time we looked up through the window and 4 little boys were huddled there staring and pointing at us while laughing, it was so cute! I've really started to enjoy trying to talk to and get to know the older, little ones as well. I wrote this one sweet girl a thank you letter in chinese the other day because she gave me this magnet she had made and so a bunch of the other girls did the same, so now i'm trying to write them all letters in chinese, which i actually love! And one of the boys was working on his english by reading a magazine, and asked me to come listen to him, so i got to help him and it was so fun, they are just so cute! They make such a great effort to speak to us in english so i'm going to try to learn some more chinese, i've learned a song and game in chinese so far and am working on some speaking phrases and answering the phone, so we'll see hopefully it'll be a quick learning process. Well there is a lot more i want to say but tomorrow is bath day, so i'll need some energy. So i'll say goodbye for now, LOVE YOU ALL!!

4 comments:

  1. We've been praying for strength for you to get through the days when the Skiles gals were gone. We are so glad your prayers were answered and that you thought your way through your tiredness and overwhelming "to dos". Reminds me of the days I cried when trying to bend my knee and I didn't feel well and wanted to do anything else but bend it. Grandpa is a real good trainer and "just one more" worked and then he'd say something that made me laugh. We loved your report of the older children. I can just see their little faces at the window. Ellen, you are so capable and we have so much confidence in you. What an opportunity each day even with the challenges. We plan to go to G.Grandma Mindrups on Friday. I hope I can make the whole day. I'll just think of you and all those babies and keep moving. Ha. Love You and Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen,
    I am really enjoying your blog. Its so neat to hear all about what you are doing over there. I LOVED the story about the family coming to get their baby. So sweet! Made me tear up a little. :) I pray that God will give you all the strength you need in caring for those babies! You are amazing!!!

    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma and Grandpa!
    Thank you so much for all the prayers, I can't tell you how MUCH i appriciate them!! Thinking of you recovering will help me when i get tired as well!!Thank you for the words of encouragement! I really love all your comments! And i got my package today! Thank you thank you!! I'm hanging the pictures up on my ceiling with my other ones:) And i love the lip gloss flavors, we eat a lot of guavas here so i think it's fun that you sent a guava flavor lip gloass :) Thank you for the Easter card, they are having an Easter sunrise Service this sunday so that we be nice, we may stay with the babies though, so maybe we'll do our own thing later that morning or the night before.(which is when the usual american church is) LOVE YOU BOTH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And we love you. Glad you got your small mail before Easter. Postman didn't guarantee anything. Had John, Kate and Lily today for early out and since it's their Mom's Easter I put out eggs to dye, candy to melt and make flower shaped suckers in a mold with a large pretzel log for a handle. Lily thought they were fun. I put out snacks of cheddar corn, corn puffs and peanut M & M. Also bought some colored duck tape as Kate likes to play with it. And what was I thinking! No pictures. I should have taken pictures for you. Now everything is cleaned up and all their things when home with them! I'll try and do better. 80 degrees, no wind and beautiful out today. Windows and doors open. Lovely. Thank you Lord for a lovely day. Sunrise service or babies, both sound perfect for a resurrection morn. Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete