Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Pizza, Baby Massages and Baths :)

Here is a quick update, i'll try to make it quick anyway! Yesterday was a really fun day! During playtime we did baby massages :) I watched this video from TCU about how important touch is for babies who had rough starts, meaning, spent a lot of time in the hospital getting bad touch(like surgeries or ivs and stuff) or little tough, or babies that were abused, or simply babies in orphanages who don't get as much touch. Now i think our babies gets lots of touch because we love to hold them, but prolly not quite as much as a one on one scenario, so anyways, they talked about simple rubs on the back, tummy, legs and arms can much such a difference for them and is really good for making neurotransmitter connections (or something a long those lines :) ) and it was so cute, they loved it and smiled and giggled and some fell asleep! lol So that afternoon we did a workout session to Father Abraham and they moved their arms and legs :) Again we had lots of extra sweet helpers, so lots of loving!
I learned a song in Chinese!! It's about an elephant with a big nose whose mom tells him his nose is beautiful, so we sang that a lot :)
We had a delicious lunch, they had lots of meat which i was excited about because there isn't always a lot of meat. They had this yummy fried chicken, fish and shrimp, or course it all still had bones and eyes and legs and all that stuff which is gross, but once you get past that, very good! We got to order pizza and pepsi that night too, and we just got to hang out a little bit later, of course while still holding babies but most of them were in bed so that was fun, all us girls enjoyed that a lot!

Then today was bath day :) It makes for a busy day with 25 babies, but it's something different than the usual schedule so it's kind of nice! Plus the babies all smell good and sleep good after :) We read books during the second play time today which was fun and they all actually seemed to semi pay attention. Then i read the babies the sweet letters Emily sent me from the KM kids, it made my day!! And i showed them the pictures of the kids, i don't think they were so interested but it was funny.

Katie and I found fans in our room tonight and were so excited cause it's starting to get hot!

I realized tonight, i've gotten to talk to more people that i haven't talked to in ages while i've been over here. Funny how that works huh? The less time i seem to have and the further away I am the more i talk to more people. Well i like it!! Thanks again to everyone who is reading this, i love getting to share my "new life" with you guys and I love hearing from you as well, it keeps me feeling connected! Today was one of those days when things start to sink in more and more, i think i still feel like it's camp or something and I'll be leaving in a few days, but with Alli, Mandee and Thatcher leaving on Monday and me thinking nope i'm not going, I guess it felt more real which always makes me a little sad and homesick but at the same time i'm loving things here and so Katie and I are gonna start maybe doing and planning some new activities for certain days so we can settle into a schedule and feel more at home and like we're living here cause we will be for the next 2 months. So Em those letters came at a good time, they made me cry but it was a happy cry, so thank you!!
Well i think one of our baby girls comes home tomorrow from the hospital, so i'll let you know soon if she gets too. I think that's all for now! ...So much for quick. lol LOVE YOU ALL!!


Our usual work and hang out place :)









Chinese PIZZA! ...actually delicious, it's like a pizza hut brand.








Here are the sweet letters and pictures i hung on my wall and ceiling :)



4 comments:

  1. Today I went to Precepts Bible Study. We're in the 4th part of Romans. I stayed for the 2 hours. I walked a little between the discussion and the video so got along pretty well. Gpa is still remodeling his workshop and I need to go tell him I'm home. He spends lots of time there trying to finish it up. I pictured you massaging and singing Father Abraham. I laughed. I'm so glad the babies have so many loving helpers with creative ideas. We pray for you each day and pray that your time will enhance your life forever. Thank goodness for Pizza! What would we do without it. Yesterday we walked to "our" Panera for "coffee" and for my walking exercise. The CPM Machine is gone so walking, the stationery bike and my exercises are my main sources of bending and stretching my knee. I see my doctor tomorrow for a healthy checkup of all my systems. 6 ladies from Grinnell are coming tomorrow evening to celebrate the Feb/Mar birthdays. We're meeting at "our" Panera. I made Gma Dinkel's burnt sugar cookies for our Life Group on Sunday a.m. to say thanks for all the kind things they did for us during my 2 hospital stays and during the past month of recupperation. Looking forward to walking in the 58 degree sunshine this afternoon. Gpa is enjoying the blog he says and is keeping up with it. We'll talk later. Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma!
    I'm so glad to hear you got to go to precepts! I bet that was fun!
    Wow i didn't realize Grandpa was planning to do that! I there a project he wants it remodeled for? Or is remodeling just the fun project? We'll have to see it when he's finished!
    Thank you for the prayers! Yes i think the babies thought we was crazy ;)
    Well it sounds like like the healing is progressing really well, I'm so glad! And yummy Panera, I miss it! That's definitely a good way to get some exercise! Is your friend that knows your order still there?
    How was your doctors appointment?
    The birthday celebration sounds like fun, hope you have a good time!! I bet the cookies were delicious!
    Thank you for reading it and commenting everytime, I really look forward to your comments!! I wish I could reply more often! Well i love you both very much!! I'm headed to bed, have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We appreciate your comments and if you don't get to "talk back" we understand and don't expect you to. Yes, the gentleman that knows our order is still there. Of course G'pa always talks to him and is friendly. Gpa decided he didn't like the open messy shelves in the shop so he's taking down the top shelf and turning the bottom shelf into cupboards. It's looking really good. I think he just wanted a nicer looking place and it's a good project for him while I've been "shut in" which means he was too. We're both able to be out and about. Yes, it felt really good to go to Precepts. The doctor seemed fine with my knee so I'm just to keep doing the exercises which Gpa helps me with and suggests a few more I could do. I'm a little lazy about it. Panera here has a cheddar jalepeno bagel now and a cinnamon raisin swirl which replaced the dutch apple raisin which was my 2nd favorite. We had a good birthday celebration and yummy food. I'm in my pjs and it's about 8:25 p.m.! I still get tired early but that's okay. Love you and pray for you. G'ma and pa

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Charissa again. It looks like we will be able to get Kaili in about a month. We are so excited!!!
    I wanted to let you and the other helpers know that if your family wants to send us anything to bring over for you they can. Our email is mattmccloskey72305@yahoo.com. If you email us we can give you an address to sent things too. I lived in China for 5 years and know what it is like to get stuff from America!

    ReplyDelete