Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hello from South Korea

Hello from South Korea!!
We arrived here about 6:30 a.m. Korea time which is about 3:30 or 4:00 texas time. WE MADE IT! The 13 hour plane ride is done! It actually went really well. It was a such a nice plane, it was huge and each seat had it's own tv. They served dinner but I was alseep so I missed it then they served breakfast an hour or so before we landed. We got 2 choices for breakfast. She asked us omelet or... octopus with rice. I laughed and said omelet cause I thought for sure I didn't understand her. So she then asked my dad omelet or octopus with rice... she was serious. LOL Never in my life would I have imagined I would be asked if I wanted octopus with rice for breakfast, so that was definitely a first and hopefully a last. :p lol We don't have any cell service in Korea but we found an internet cafe, it was a tad difficult to get to type this blog because all the instructions on the web are in korean but I figured it out!
Let's see we ate our first asian food meal a little bit ago, my dad ate something called a bibimbob in a stone pot i'll send the picture to facebook when i get cell service and I had an omurice in cream sauce, they were both delicious!! It's snowing in South Korea which surprised me but it's kind of cool that everything is covered in snow, even though all we can really see is the airport. Oh and today is actually Wednesday the 10th for me, we skipped tuesday the 9th becasue we crossed over the international date line so megan...i opened 2 letters in one day :) sorry!
..random but my dad just came back with a starbucks that costed 7,600 W (with a line through it), korean currency of course :)...

And quick note to em and meg and anyone else who helped put together the letters, since I can't text right now, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I'm so excited about reading them everyday! they made my night last night! I love you guys so much!!
Well we leave in a couple hours for our 2 and half ride to Taiwan! I'll try to update again soon! Please comment if you can I would love to hear from you!!

7 comments:

  1. haha your mom told us about the mustard and rice food but not about the octopus!! haha that's so funny! love you!!
    -hannah bailey :)
    ps I'm so glad you're blogging all of this! it's so fun to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen!!
    I cant believe you didn't take the octopus;)!! I can't' believe this is actually real!! SO exciting!!! I barley could sleep last night (monday night) cause of missing you, and thinking of you, flying on the other side of the world while we were all sleeping- the timing thing is so weird to think about!! I can't wait to read all of the stories you'll post on this blog!! gosh this is exciting, I can't get over it:) I LOVED hearing your voice after after-school program today!! That was so crazy. Last night at monday night program, Kason pulled me aside and said, "when's Ellen coming back, I miss her." It was so sweet! (your class went great btw, thanks for having everything planned out!) You are very loved girl!! I love you and miss you dearly!!!!!!!! Have fun!!
    love you,
    - Bekah Tower

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think one of you should have tryed the octopus! how cool would that have been! :) i hope dad enjoyed that drink!! ;) -hannah M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe your Dad didn't choose the octopus. We are enjoying the Blog experience. I'm still using the CPM machine to exercise my leg. The therapist thinks I'm doing well. Grandpa brought your blog up by himself today and gave me a "Yoohoo" to come read. We were surprised about the snow too, but of course we watched enough Mash we should have known! Love you Grandma L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Octopus?? Gross!! lol. Glad you are doing good :) We should write letters, i've always loved to do that! I also need to get a skype account, I only have ichat :( lol. Love you<3
    Tamra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh hearing from all of you just made my day!! Thank you all so much for commenting!!!
    Hannah b-yes the octopus was very interesting, and thank you so much for reading i'm glad your enjoying it!! I love you!!
    Bekah-I know, i actually decided to order octopus on the way back and just not eat it. lol I know i can't believe it's real either, I woke up this morning and had to orient myself and just tell myself where i was and what i was doing. lol I want to try and call maybe during the monday night again, that was so fun to hear everyone, even though i couldn't hear well. lol Thanks for telling me about Kason, that is so sweet!! it made me smile:) tell him i miss him too!! I'm glad the class went well!! Keep me udated and let me know if you need anything!! I love you so much and miss you more!!
    Hannah M- i'll order it on the way back...i may not eat it cause it tastes like rubber but maybe just to say i did. lol and i think he did enjoy this drink;) lol I love you!! have a good day!!
    Grandma and Grandpa-I know i was kind of surprised he didn't too! I'm glad your enjoying the blog, i am too!! Glad to hear the therapist thinks your doing well!! What number are you at? Yay grandpa! I'm impressed! lol That's funny about MASH, my dad had to explain it to me, but yes apparently it snows there often! Did you have a good weekend with lily and john? I got lily's e-mails, they were so sweet! I love you!!
    Tamra- I got stamps today so i'll definitely write letters! That is fun, that's what i told my dad I love to write letters!! and yess get a skype account it's fun, it doesn't work too well over here but we can still try sometime. lol Thanks for commenting and reading I really appreciate it, it makes me so happy and makes it worth doing!! Well i love you lots and miss you bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm at 112 degrees today. A good friend stopped by with a vanilla frosty from Wendy's. We had a good visit. Grandpa is at coffee with some guy friends. Cool and rainy this week, but the snow is fast disappearing. Love to read your comments. Thanks for taking time.

    ReplyDelete