Sunday, March 21, 2010

Yesterday and Today Update :)

I realized i'm running out of creativeness for my blog titles, oh i have an idea! I'll name it after topics of discussion in my blog after i write the blog, from now on that's what i'll do. My room mate Katie and I are in a goofy mood so excuse me if the update is kind of silly.
I'll start with yesterday. Yesterday was a beautiful, warm day outside so we gave the babies some fresh air in the morning. They got to lay out and tan;) Not really they were only out there for a few minutes we were very careful they didn't get too much sun. We also had a few people come in and help us out and they were all so sweet! It's really fun to get to meet them all and talk with them all, one girl from high school who spoke excellent english helped me learn to say a few chinese phrases, which was awesome! ...until i realized that once i ask, i'll have no idea what they say back. lol So i came up with some not open ended questions and more yes or no questions. And i learned the numbers and all the different things on the face, like (spelling will be completely wrong) bitzah-nose, to fa-hair, are doe-ear <--i said that one wrong later that night to one of the chinese helpers and he died laughing so i'm not sure what i said but i'm being very careful to say it right now. lol The food was delicious, they had this fried chicken that tasted kind of like chick-fil-a so i was so happy! AND mandee brought home a snack from the night market and told me tot ry it, i ate fried squid! :p It was surprising good though! I did however get peed on twice in one day, and i was changing the baby in my lap :p ...yeah. a little boy and little girl, so i'm running low on clean pants at the moment. And finally we had a lovely service that night, it was american church, and it was very good. Ted spoke and it happened to be very relevant to me, strange, or rather really cool and not so strange how God can speak to you thorough anything or anyone and anywhere.

Then today we also had a couple more people come in, again lovely people! About 5 this morning and 3 this evening. That's always so wonderful for the babies because even though the people don't know our schedule and how exactly to take care of the babies the babies get lots of extra holding and playing and talking and loving on :) This afternoon all us girl helpers, Allie Katie, Jess and I all had a singing time with the babies again and we sang everything we could think of! We sang and danced with rattles till we were hot and out of breathe which is kind of pathetic but fun. Then we had a workout/therapy session and they practiced their sitting and reaching and turning and just moving a lot. They got some back rubs and touch time too, it's all such good stimulation and we thought it would wear them out and they'd sleep well during nap time, but we think it gave them energy instead. lol ooops. We had interesting hollow hot dog things for lunch today, so i ate mostly my yummy american snack food. lol But also some veggies, they always have some good veggies and either rice or noodles. And ummm...got peed on again today! so i quit changing little boy diapers in my lap and if i do for the girls i always put something underneath. Cause it's just easier in the lap and everyone does it cause all the stuff is right there. Oh and we got a sweet new girl today!! She is 8 days old and absolutely precious, again she was a cuddler and it was so cute i started laughing while i was holding her and she was asleep but she made this big open mouth smile like she was laughing too if she could make sound, it was the cutest thing!!! And one of our babies come home from the hospital, thank you lord! And he's doing very good right now, so i think we have 25 at the house now, i'm getting confused though. And a lady from the crisis pregnancy center that we get a lot of the babies from said she may have a couple more for us! So we'll see, but a few of the babies parents come in over the next 3 to 4 weeks i think so we might be going down in numbers soon, so we'll jut see. It's exciting for them to finally get to go home, but at the same time it's sad cause we like having them. But we'll come to that when the time gets here.

So i think that's all for now, time for bed!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting updates! I love reading about everything going on there! Praying that everyone stays healthy and gets plenty of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your days have been so much more exciting than mine ( I think me and Hannah just finished our 6th movie lol :) .....sounds like you are having fun ;) I mean who doesn't like getting peed on :) jk I love you friend and miss u <3 Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to church for the first time since my surgery. It was good to sing and be fed the Word. G'pa taught our SS Class. We had 6" of snow. It remains on the lawn, but not on the streets and sidewalks. A kind neighbor used his snow blower on the whole cul de sac. Gpa did the drive just where our wheels would go. We went to Adel for breakfast on Sat. a.m. Love your reports of the days. It wouldn't be normal if a little one didn't pee on you! I remember the first time your Daddy did that and I couldn't think what to do except put out my hand to protect me. Ha. We have sun and temps should be 50's this week. Just hi 30's now. I need to walk and outside would be great so I look forward to that. We love you so much. I think you're doing well. I would have loved to hear the Brad Paisley singing. Ha. Keep singing!

    ReplyDelete